5 weight loss exercises to get rid of balloon belly
Do you have a big belly? Well, it could be the result of fat accumulation over time. More often than not, belly fat is a major factor that most of us start exercising. However, if you can't seem to lose it with your current workouts, your workouts need to improve. You need to include more exercises that may specifically target your core muscles and waistline. We're here to help, so let's talk about some weight-loss exercises that can help you get rid of your balloon belly.
HealthShots reached out to Abhishek Sinha, fitness expert at Equilibrium Gym in Faridabad, for a list of some of the best weight-loss exercises that will strengthen your core and help you shed your balloon belly.
Here are 7 exercises to get rid of balloon belly:
1. Leg lift
- This exercise can be performed with the abs tilted.
- Hold the bench with both hands and lie down on the bench.
- Keeping your legs facing the floor, lift your legs up until the end of the movement.
- Return legs to 45 degrees to starting position.
- By doing this exercise about 25 times, you'll work your abdominal muscles, which can help reduce belly fat.
- In a plank position, keep your body in a straight line from head to toe, resting your forearms on the mat.
- While keeping your core and hips stable, jump with your legs splayed out to the sides.
- When you're done, quickly jump your feet back to the starting position.
- Perform this exercise at least 10 times.
- Lean back and lie down. To stabilize your lower body, bend your legs and place your feet firmly on the ground.
- Without pushing your neck, cross your hands across your chest to opposite shoulders, or put them behind your ears.
- Straighten your upper body up, toward your knees. Exhale as you lift.
- Return to the starting position and slowly bend down. Inhale as you descend.
- First, lower all four while you're in a high plank position.
- In this position, keep your back straight, hips out, and core engaged. Make sure your shoulders are directly over your wrists and you're stressing your core and legs.
- Now bring your left leg closer to your chest and return to the starting position.
- Do the same with your left leg, and keep alternating legs quickly.
- Do 100 reps on each leg to burn belly fat.
5. Reverse sit-ups
- Lie on the mat and gently bend your knees.
- Now slowly raise your legs so that your shins are parallel to the floor and your knees are directly over your hips (90 degrees). This is your starting position.
- Keeping the spine in a neutral position, the lower back region flexes naturally while supporting the abdominal muscles.
- Now, exhale and slowly lift your hips off the ground, contracting your abs.
- In this position, your knees should now point toward your head, and make sure your head is straight and your neck and shoulders remain relaxed.
- Inhale and return to starting position.
- Repeat this action, 20 times in each group, 4 groups in each group.
6. Standing obliques
- Hold the dumbbell with your right hand by your side.
- Put your left hand behind your head and squat down to the ground (as in a squat position).
- Keep your abs tight and lift the dumbbell (dumbbell exercise) to your ankle as you bend to the right.
- Now go back to your starting point and do it again. The other party should follow suit.
7. Leaping Frog
- To start, stand up straight and extend your feet widely.
- Your legs shouldn't be too far apart, but should be wider than hip-width apart.
- At this point, squat down completely.
- After that, jump forward with both feet. Return to a full squat position and jump forward.
- Jump forward again to repeat the action.
You can add these exercises to your workout routine or just perform them for quick results. These are real weight loss exercises because they stimulate your core muscles, boost your metabolism, and burn fat. So, it's your turn to lose weight!